JHS NJROTC Ranked 8th Most Outstanding Unit in the World
After being named the Best Navy JROTC Unit in Area 10 (covering most of Texas), Joshua Navy JROTC has been ranked as the 8th Most Outstanding Unit out of 614 NJROTC programs in the world by the Naval Service Training Command! The ratings are based on academics, scholarships, competitions, and community service projects.
This year's NJROTC seniors will have a 100 percent graduation rate and have totaled $2.2 million in scholarships. Every cadet has a postsecondary plan in place by enrolling in college, the military, trade school or the workforce. The program won the Navy National Rifle Competition for the third year in a row, and fourth out of the last five years. And several cadets helped launch an on-campus clothing exchange this school year for students in need.
"In order to have a Distinguished Unit, you have to start with great kids and a supportive school district," said JHS Naval Science Instructor Ret. Lt. Col. Jim Davidson."We have both. Our kids overcame a lot of challenges this year. But the unit rallied because they acted like a family and supported one another."
The full rankings are:
1. New Albany High School, Indiana-Area 3
2. Southold High School, NY-Area 4
3. Norview High School, Norfolk, VA-Area 5
4. Pisgah High School, Canton, NC-Area 6
5. Bayside High Schook, Palm Bay, FL-Area 7
6. Pace High School, Pace, FL-Area 8
7. Oak Ridge High School, Oak Ridge, TN-Area 9
8. Joshua High School-Area 10
9. Troy High School, Fullerton, CA-Area 11
10. Nease High School, Ponte Vedra, FL-Area 12
11. Father Duenal High School, Chalan, Guam-Area 13