JISD Summer Strength and Conditioning Program Begins June 8
Joshua ISD's Alpha Owls Summer Strength and
Conditioning program will begin on Monday, June
8th for all incoming 9th-12th graders. JISD will be
following the COVID-19 regulations given by the
UIL. All workouts are subject to change as JISD and
the UIL will continue to work with state officials and
monitor CDC and other federal guidance to
determine any potential modifications.
WHO: Incoming JISD 9th-12th Grade athletes only
WHEN: June 8-July 30 (No workouts from July 6-10
and July 20-21)
Mondays-Thursdays from 9-11 am
WHERE: Football Players-MPAC
All other sports (Boys and Girls)-Owl Stadium
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Complete your Alpha Owls Permission Form. This will only need to be completed once.
- Complete your Pre-Screening Form. You will have to fill a new one out every week to participate. If you do not have it completed before arrival, you will not participate.
- Arrive early and be patient. Athletes must also be screened daily before entering the facilities. We will only be screening from 8:30-9 am. If you are not inline by 9 am, you will not be allowed to participate. Screening will consist of temperature check, symptoms check, and verification of completion of pre-screening form.
- PARKING: Football athletes will park and be dropped off/picked up from the MPAC parking lot by the tennis courts/baseball fields. All other athletes will park in the northeast parking lot on the home side of Owl Stadium. There will be no congregating in the parking lots before or after workouts! Anyone in violation will be asked to leave.
- Bring Water! We will not have any shared water stations available. Be sure to write your name on it.
- There will be no restrooms available! Hand sanitizing stations will be available.
- Spectators will not be allowed within the facilities. Only athletes and coaches.
- Sports specific workouts will also be conducted. Contact your head coach for more details.
- PRACTICE SAFE SOCIAL DISTANCING AT ALL TIMES! JISD Coaches will take strict precautions to avoid any necessary risk. Any athlete that cannot follow the guidelines and instructions will immediately be suspended from all activities.