- 2019-20 Federal Report Card
- Conflict of Interest Overview and Forms
- 2019-2020 District Texas Academic Performance Report, Guidelines and Glossary
- 2019-2020 Campuses Texas Academic Performance Report
- FIRST Public Hearings
- Immunization Requirements
- Superintendent's Contract
- Annual Financial Reports
- HB3693 - Utility Usage
- Texas Landowner's Bill of Rights (English)
- Texas Landowner's Bill of Rights (Spanish)
- 2019-20 School Report Cards and Definitions
- Overview of HB 5: Community and Student Engagement
- JISD Plan For Homeless and Youths
- Notice regarding the District's ability to refuse entry or eject certain persons from property under District's control
- Career and Technical Education Public Notification of Nondiscrimination
- Memorandum of Understanding-Dual Credit Partnership Agreement between Hill College and Joshua Independent School District
- TEA Notice to Families on Special Education
- TEA Notice to Families on Special Education (SPANISH)
- Character Education Plan
- Public Notices-Education for the Disabled
- Texas Transition and Employment Guide-English
- Texas Transition and Employment Guide-Spanish
- Early Childhood Literacy and Math Proficiency Plan
- College, Career and Military Readiness Plan
Title IX Compliance
The following information is provided in response to 34 C.F.R. Part 106.8 of the 2020 Title IX Regulations, mandating notice of a nondiscrimination policy and adoption and publication of grievance procedures to provide for the prompt and equitable resolution of student and employee complaints. In accordance with Title IX, JISD does not and is not required to, discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs or activities. The requirement not to discriminate extends to employment. As a school district serving students in kindergarten through 12, the district is not subject to provisions in Title IX Regulations (Subpart C) prohibiting discrimination on the basis of sex in admissions and recruitment. However, the district does not discriminate on the basis of sex in admissions or transfer requests.
The district has designated and authorized the following employee as the Title IX Coordinator to address concerns or inquiries regarding discrimination on the basis of sex, including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating violence, stalking, and gender-based harassment:
Title IX Coordinator: Fran Marek
Physical Address: 310 E. 18th St. Joshua, TX 76058
Any individual may report sex discrimination, including sexual harassment, at any time, including during non-business hours, by mail, phone, or email. Reports can also be made through the JISD Let's Talk! communication site.
During district business hours, reports may also be made in person.
To view an electronic copy of the District's Title IX policies, FFH (LEGAL) and (LOCAL) and DIA (LEGAL) and (LOCAL), please visit the district policy online here.
To obtain a copy of the District's Title IX policies, including the grievance process that complies with 34 C.F.R. § 106.45(b) of the 2020 Title IX Regulations, please contact:
Upon receiving an allegation of sex-based harassment, the Title IX Coordinator will promptly respond in accordance with board policies FFH and DIA.
Inquiries about the application of Title IX may be referred to the district's Title IX Coordinator, to the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights of the Department of Education, or both.
Title IX Training Materials
All materials used to train Title IX personnel are available by clicking the documents below, and are also available for inspection upon request by contacting Emily Owen at email@example.com.