January 2024 School Board Recognitions
At their Janaury 22 regular meeting, the Joshua ISD Board of Trustees recognized members of the JISD family.
The Board recognized the Joshua High School Theatre Department for their successful competition at the Texas State Thespian Festival November 16-18 alongside over 7,500 other students from Texas. Students competed in every area of Theatre – Playwriting, Costume Design, Prop Design, Set Design, Acting, Musical Theatre, and more. All of Joshua’s students were amazing. Congratulations to Kennedi Boren, Jewell Bullard, Joseph Torres, Redding Herr, and Luke Kunz for receiving Superior ratings and earning spots at the National Level. These students will compete again this summer in Indiana.
The Board recognized JHS’s Navy JROTC for their success at the regional rifle match, held on December 14-16, for schools from Texas, Colorado, Oklahoma and New Mexico. After firing a qualifier in November, the field narrowed to the top 15 teams for a shoulder to shoulder competition. JHS marksmen dominated. Joshua Precision took 1st and 2nd Place. Joshua Sporter also took 1st and 2nd Place. Joshua will be the first team ever to take four teams to the National Service Championships. Individually, Joshua shooters represented 14 of the 16 marksmen who advanced to the finals. Additionally, Cadet Brooklyn Reames set a national record for standing.
• 1st Place Joshua Precision ‘A’ team members are Cadets Nolan Sharp, Jaxon Bunch, Aren Golleher and Brooklyn Reames. Cadet Golleher won the Finals.
• 2nd Place Joshua Precision ‘B’ team members are Cadets Jaren Vickers, Carter Trahan, Riley Woods and Nathan Catoe.
• Joshua Precision ‘At Large’ shooters are Cadets Hunter White and Diego Farzam.
• 1st Place Sporter ‘A’ team members are Cadets Jacob Cooper, Trenton Rodrigues, Aidan Warmath and Sam Garcia.
• 2nd Place Sporter ‘B’ team members are Cadets Hayden Miller, Gavin Ross, Kadence Parsley and Cooper Dent.
The NJROTC’s state-of-the-art range, provided by the school board, has been key to this success.
The JISD Board of Trustees were honored for “School Board Appreciation Month.” The love and dedication these individuals have for the Joshua Community does not go unnoticed, and our successes are a testament to the collaborative spirit that defines our educational community. They continue to help us move forward so JISD will remain a highly acclaimed model of educational excellence.