Welcome to the
Joshua High School Choir Website !!!
Name: Steve Johnson
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone Number: 817-202-2500 or 817-426-7500
We are in for some exciting times this year in the Joshua High School Choir. We will have a mix of hard work, fun, laughter, exciting musical experiences and teamwork. This website should help keep all of us informed of upcoming events and everyday expectations of each choir member.
Class Supply List:
1 box of kleenex
Each student will need to provide a 1" wide 3-ring black binder with notebook paper (not too much - 20 pages) and dividers. A sharpened pencil everyday. More to come.
Class Rules and Procedures:
1. Arrive on time and prepared - have pencil, folder, music, & water bottle
2. Respect others property
3. No food or drinks or gum without permission (approved water bottles are ok)
4. Stay in assigned seat or area
5. Be an asset, not a distraction (excessive talking, playing, or causing a disturbance)
6. No horseplay (Be safe)
1. Daily expectations 40% (posture, participation, hand signs, attitude, energy)
2. Quiz 20% (singing test, sightreading test, theory test, other quizzes)
3. Major Test 40% (all concerts are major test grades and usually count 2 or more grades)
Performances are how we are judged. Therefore, our performances carry the most weight in this grading policy. A student who does well in class, but might mess up on a quiz, could still easily make a 'B' or maybe a low 'A' by attending and properly performing on each concert. A concert shows parents and the public what we are doing each day in class. Just like a sports team that has great practices, but some starters don't show up for the games, we are judged by our performances. All of our students are starters, therefore, they all need to be present for our concerts.