Welcome to My Website
Name: Ralph Garrett
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone Number: 817-202-2500 or 817-426-7500
Conference Time: 7th Period
Mr. Garrett's Introduction Video
Class Supply List:
Pen(Black), Pencil, and blank college rule notebook.
All necessary shop tools will be provided for in class students.
Online student's will be required to take notes of all class and shop activities. Daily participation will include a list of 5 things we cover in class
Class Rules and Procedures:
Basic Shop Rules
- Everyone in the shop or everyone in the class.
- NO Backpacks, Cell Phones allowed in the shop, your items will be locked up in the classroom.
- Safety is your top priority when using the shop. If you are not sure what you are doing, “ASK.”
- Shop security and access:
- Faculty or Staff must be present in the shop for you to operate any and all machines
- Make sure you are properly trained on any piece of equipment before you use it.
- NO HORSE PLAYING IN THE SHOP!
- No running, No throwing items, and No scaring people on equipment
- All violators will be removed from the shop, and sent to their AP, and / or schedule changed due safety reasons.
- Wear appropriate clothing and personal protective equipment(PPE):
- Safety glasses, Goggles or glasses with side shields, and closed-toe shoes
- Pull back and secure long hair
- No lanyards, loose clothing or jewelry.
- No headphones, earbuds, etc. wired or not.
- Watch out for distractions or other conditions that take your focus away from your work.
- If you find a piece of equipment is not working properly, unplug or disconnect the equipment and notify Mr. Garrett immediately.
- Don’t remove or bypass safety features such as guarding and emergency stops.
- 15 minutes before bell we will start cleaning the shop. Keep it clean.
- Trash on the floor is safety hazard, drop all trash into the necessary trash bins
- Barrels will be dumped everyday
- Emergency Procedures
- Never disturb a person while operating machinery, except in an emergency.
- Ensure all guards are in place and operating properly prior to operation
- Never leave a machine while it is running
- Be familiar with emergency stops on all equipment
- Know where the emergency exits are located
- In the event of an evacuation, if it is safe to do so, turn off equipment and calmly exit the building using the nearest exit. Proceed to your assigned evacuation assembly point. If you do not know the location of your evacuation assembly point, ask Mr. Garrett
- If you are injured (even a minor injury) – seek medical attention, notify Mr. Garrett
- Know where fire extinguisher and first aid boxes are located
- Please be advised that working in the shop is inherently dangerous,
- Please respect the machines because they do not respect you.
Grading Procedures:Participation - 40%Assignments - 15% - All assignemts must be completed and turned in by due dateQuizs - 15%Tests - 30%