Welcome to Reba Green's Website
Name: Reba Green
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone Number: 817-202-2500
Conference Time: 1:32-2:17Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year. Together we will make a difference this year. My goal is to be positive, encouraging, and available for every student.
Class Supply List:
Notebook Paper (wide-ruled)Erasers
Black or Blue Pens only
Pencils #2 only
Tab Dividers (5)
Three ring binder (may be used in conjunction with other classes)
Headphones (These are needed for the chromebooks.)
Class Rules and Procedures:
Bring supplies to class everyday.
Be on time and in your seat, ready to work when the bell rings.
No phones allowed without permission or unless needed for specific assignments.
Test grades, daily work, and special projects each count 1/3 of the six weeks grade
· Students will be given a reasonable opportunity to redo any assignments or examinations in which a grade below 70 was earned.
· Students or parents must request the opportunity to redo any assignment or examination within two workdays of receipt of the failing grade.
· The assignment or examination must be redone within three workdays of receipt of the failing grade.
· The two grades will be averaged to reflect the student’s relative mastery of the assignment or examination.
Teachers may assign a late penalty to any project turned in after the due date in accordance with previously established guidelines approved by the principal and disseminated to students.
(Policy EIAB local)
· Late work will be accepted; however, assignments will be subject to points being deducted.
· All homework, including corrections, must be completed within the six weeks grading period.
Kindergarten – Eighth Grade:
· A penalty of 10 points per day shall be assessed on each late assignment.
Joshua High School:
· 1 day late = 25 points off
· 2 days late = 50 points off
· Over 2 days late = Zero
Make Up Work: (Due to an absence)
· When a student is planning to miss a class to attend a school-sponsored activity, the student must arrange with the teacher to obtain assignments and due dates before the absence occurs.
· Students or parents may make a request to pickup assignments at the Front Office for an absence of at least two days in order to complete the work at home. A 24-hour notice to the office is required when requesting work.
· Students will be allowed a minimum of two days to complete make up work for each day absent. Projects, research papers or work assigned at least one week in advance will be due when the student returns from the excused absence.
· If a student is absent for an exam, the make-up exam will cover the same material although a different exam may be administered.
· If a student is present when an exam is announced, the student should be prepared to take the test as scheduled. If the teacher determines that there are extenuating circumstances or that material missed during the absence is necessary for the test, more time will be allowed.
· Make-up work should be made up within the current grading period (i.e. progress report or report card). Exceptions will be made for excused absences at the end of a grading period.
· If a student is absent at the end of the grading period and, as a result, is missing assignments, a grade of Incomplete will be assigned. As soon as practicable after making up the work, a grade change will be issued and the new grade will replace incomplete. Incompletes not made-up by the next grading period will revert to the grade the student earned.
· Students who are suspended from school are allowed to make up work following the above guidelines.