COSMETOLOGY 2 ~ SENIORS 20/21
817-426-7545 clinic floor phone
817-202-2500 Extension: 1262
Conference Time: 11:59--12:44
Hello everyone! It’s great to be here! Some of you may know that I have been a hairdresser for 30 years .This is my third year here in the district and I just love working in JOSHUA!
I have worked in several aspects of cosmetology—including chain salons, booth rental salons, commission salons, and corporate trainer for 2 large haircare companies.
My Commitment to the industry
I have loved my career choice since day one and I love to pass on my love for the industry. Love what you do for a living and you’ll never work a day in your life!
Class Supply List: Students have been given Student kit information (supplies and cost) upon enrollment in the Cosmetology Program. Students may be asked to bring some supplies thoughout the year for different projects.
We are going to have a great year! Things we can look forward to are: getting really great at client consultations, product knowledge/ proper recommendation, conquering the fear of State Board testing and haircolor, haircolor, haircolor!
Class Rules and Procedures: Failure to follow JISD, JHS, or classroom rules will result in the following:
first offense: verbal warning
second offense: parent notification
third offense: office refferal
Students who blatantly disrupt the learning envirnment or break a major school rule will be immediatly asked to leave our classroom.
Expectations for Participation in Google Meet
Joshua ISD is utilizing Google Meet as a vehicle to provide virtual instruction. This involves video conferencing between school staff and individual students or small groups of students. At no time will these video conferences be recorded and they will only be viewed by those directly invited or involved in your student’s education. This resource is used solely for the purpose of supporting the instructional needs of the students invited. During any use of Google Meet, there are expectations of behavior that must be followed in order to maintain the safety and integrity of those participating.
Joshua ISD’s expectations for students while participating in a Google Meet session are given below.
Student Expectations and Guidelines for Participation
- Abide by Joshua ISD’s Student Technology Acceptable Use Guidelines in the District Handbook.
- School appropriate dress is required during participation at all times.
- Polite and professional language will be used at all times.
- Please attempt to keep all background noise and distractions to a minimum. If you are in a location where you cannot avoid background noise, mute your device and feel free to listen in.
- Attempt to select an area in your home with enough space for necessary items - books, notebooks, computers, etc.
- Speak in a controlled and clear manner so everyone can hear.
- Do not record the session to protect the privacy of all participants.
- Promptly exit the meeting when the meeting time is over.
- Only accept invitations for meetings from school staff.
- Give your best effort online as you would in the classroom
Grading Procedures: 2 grades per week will be entered into my gradebook There will be daily participation grades.
I will be administering 6 weeks cumulative tests as well