Safety and Security
Mission Statement: The mission of the Safety & Security team is to establish a trusting relationship with all stakeholders to enhance the learning environment for all students and staff by protecting life, safeguarding property and maintaining order with an environment that is operationally functional, safe, accessible and inviting.
Joshua ISD has adopted as a primary goal the commitment to provide a safe and secure environment for students, staff and visitors. In an effort to accomplish this goal the district provides a comprehensive security program. The District safety and security program is designed to provide students, staff and visitors with facilities that meet or exceed standards in fire safety, air quality, hazardous materials management, chemical safety and building safety.
REQUIRED ACTIONS OF COMMITTEE
- Participate on behalf of the district in developing and implementing emergency plans consistent with the district’s multi-hazard emergency operations plan.
- Provide recommendations to the board of trustees and administrators regarding updating the multi-hazard operations plan in accordance with best practices identified by the Texas School Safety Center.
- Review any safety and security audit and provide the district with campus, facility, or support services information required in connection to the audit.
- Review all reports submitted by the district to the Texas School Safety Center to ensure complete and accurate information.
- Consult with local law enforcement agencies on methods to increase law enforcement presence near district campuses.
Contact information: The JISD Office of Incident Management is under direction of Executive Director of Student Services Toby Cox. He can be reached by calling (817) 202-2500 ext. 1015 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. The postal address is PO Box 40, 310 E. 18th Street, Joshua Texas 76058. Office fax number is (817) 641-2738.