SchoolMed by Goodside Health
Introducing SchoolMed by Goodside Health
Joshua ISD is proud to partner with Goodside Health to bring the SchoolMed healthcare program to our district. Goodside Health providers can assess, diagnose and treat the most common pediatric conditions – all from the convenience of your school campus.
The SchoolMed program is available at all JISD campuses. Mobile SchoolMed kits are available and can be transferred to every JISD campus.
Every student is eligible to register for SchoolMed, regardless of insurance or residency status. Note: Students must be registered to take part in the program. JISD staff can also use this program.
Why Goodside Health? Click here to watch a short video.
Just Like a Clinic Visit!
SchoolMed works just like a clinic visit. When your student feels sick at school, they can go to the school health room to receive care. Students can be online with a Goodside Health provider within a few minutes!
The top reasons for a SchoolMed visit are: fever, cold symptoms, headache, abdominal pain, sore throat, rash, menstrual cramps, lice, cuts/wounds and pinkeye.
When a prescription is needed, the provider will call the local pharmacy. You can pick up medications on the way to pick-up your student. Parents and guardians can also join every visit via third-party video calling. SchoolMed also creates school excuse notes for students and parents/guardians.
How to Register
Register for SchoolMed and make sure every student has instant access to care when they feel sick at school!
Sign-up online anytime at gsh.co/register. Select your school district from the dropdown, click the link, and answer each question. It only takes a few minutes! You can also fill out a paper registration form. Grab a form from school, fill it out completely, and return it to the school health room.
SchoolMed is provided at the lowest possible cost to families. The final cost of a visit depends on your health insurance. You may be responsible for a copay, deductible or coinsurance. For questions about cost, send us a question at gsh.co/billing-inquiries – or – contact your health plan to learn more.
Goodside Health established the Goodside Cares program to provide financial assistance for families in need. Learn more and apply for help at gsh.co/goodsidecares.
Please contact District Nursing Coordinator Tasha Estes BSN, RN at email@example.com.
- How do I register my student for SchoolMed?
- How much will a SchoolMed visit cost my family?
- I’m not sure I can afford the cost of a SchoolMed visit. Does Goodside Health provide financial assistance?
- Do I need to schedule an appointment for a SchoolMed visit?
- Can I join my student’s SchoolMed visit?
- Will I need to pick my student up from school?
- Does SchoolMed provide a doctor’s note if I need to leave work to pick up my student?
- Will my student need additional care after a SchoolMed visit?
- Can I register all of my children for SchoolMed?
- Can my student be seen by a Goodside Health provider on evenings or weekends? (TEXAS ONLY)