Joshua ISD partners with Hill College to provide dual credit opportunities for high school students. In dual credit courses, the student enrolls in a course with both JHS and Hill College and, upon receiving a passing grade for the course, receives both high school and college credit.
In order to enroll in dual credit courses with Hill College a student MUST:
- Complete the ApplyTexas application for admission to Hill College
- Submit a high school transcript to Hill College
- Take & pass corresponding sections of the TSIA test or qualify for a TSIA exemption via SAT, ACT, PSAT, or STAAR EOC scores.
- Register for courses in the Hill College MyHC Student Portal
The NGC & JHS counselors work with students to ensure that all qualifications are met prior to a student's enrollment in a dual credit course.
***NOTE: JISD dual credit courses are designed to be taken on campus at JHS and within a student's appropriate 4-year course plan.
- Students who choose to take courses at Hill College directly may not receive high school credit for those courses.
- Students choosing to take courses over the summer at Hill College assume all responsibility for registration, payment, deadlines, etc. Students taking summer coursework may not receive high school credit for those courses.
- Students choosing to take courses outside of the sequence of their 4-year plan will not receive high school credit for those courses.