Joshua ISD will work cooperatively with the news media for coverage of issues, crisis, general news and events involving the district.
Please respect the following JISD media guidelines that will ensure the integrity of our instructional day and allow us to provide consistent, accurate information to media representatives.
The following guidelines are in effect at all JISD facilities:
• All media inquiries should be directed to the Coordinator of Communications and Public Relations at the JISD Central Administration Building at 817-202-2507.
• The Coordinator of Communications and Public Relations should be contacted when a representative of the media visits a facility. If the media visits a JISD facility without prior approval, he or she should be asked to leave and sent to the Coorinator of Communications and Public Relations. The campus administrator will be notified to coordinate an appropriate time and campus contact person for media visits.
• Cameras/reporters will not be allowed inside the facility unless the appropriate staff members have been notified and it is determined that such a visit will not be disruptive.
• Photographs and video may be taken by the media at the discretion of the campus administrator/Public Information Officer.
• The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) must be followed at all times. Each campus has a list of students whose “directory information” (i.e. name, address, picture) cannot be released per the parent/guardian’s request.
• The Superintendent or their designee shall be the official spokesperson for JISD.
Your cooperation with this matter is greatly appreciated.