AssessmentDr. Tammy RiemenschneiderDirector of District Assessments, Dyslexia, 504 & RtI817/202-2500 ext.1034
General STAAR Information
- How to Access Your Child's STAAR & TELPAS Scores - English
- How to Access STAAR & TELPAS Scores - Spanish
- Learn more about your child’s score by logging into the STAAR Parent Portal here
- Parent's Guide to Online Testing
STAAR, STAAR Alt 2, and TELPAS Testing Dates
Accelerated Instruction Requirements
House Bill 4545 was passed during the 87th Legislative Session and became effective in June, 2021. This statute requires accelerated instruction during the 2021-2022 school year for all students, based on STAAR results from Spring, 2021. This bill eliminated previous requirements under the Student Success Initiative that mandated grade retention and retesting requirements for students in grades 5 and 8.
Additional requirements from HB 4545 include:
Please contact your campus principal if you have questions regarding the Accelerated Instruction requirements for your child.
- For any student who does not pass the STAAR test in grade 3, 5, or 8 in math or reading, a new LEA requirement to establish an accelerated learning committee to develop an individual educational plan for the student and monitor progress
- For any student who does not pass the STAAR test in grades 3–8 or STAAR (EOC) end-of-course assessments, clarification of prior accelerated instruction requirements, specifying that it must include either:
- Being assigned a classroom teacher who is a certified master, exemplary, or recognized teacher or
- Receiving supplemental instruction (tutoring) before or after school, or embedded in the school day