Advanced Placement Info
AP- What is it?
AP is a rigorous academic program that is taught at the college freshman level. All AP courses are taught according to the Advanced Placement guidelines established by the College Board and Students will use college level materials, which they may be required to purchase. College placement and credit may be earned for students when they take the AP test at the end of the course.
Although any student may enroll in an AP course, students are highly encouraged to take the honors courses leading up to that course.
Benefits of AP?
- Students will receive weighted grades upon completion of the course
- College credit, Placement, or both may be earned.
- Students who take AP courses and exams are much more likely to graduate college in 4 years.
- Taking AP increases eligibility for scholarships and makes candidates more attractive to colleges.
What courses do we offer?
Joshua High School currently offers
- AP Biology
- AP Calculus AB
- AP Calculus BC
- AP Chemistry
- AP Computer Science A
- AP Principles of Computer Science
- AP English Language and Composition
- AP English Literature and Composition
- AP Environmental Science
- AP Human Geography
- AP Macroeconomics
- AP Music Theory
- AP Spanish Language
- AP U.S Government and Politics
- AP U.S. History
Info for Homeschool students
Homeschooled students can arrange to test at Joshua High School by following the steps located at www.collegeboard.com/student or by calling Dianne Williams @ 817-426-7500 ext. 1113 bySeptember 30, 2019.
To see AP testing dates click here.