How to Download Our App
Joshua ISD is pleased to announce our new mobile app designed specifically to keep our families better informed and connected to what’s going on in our schools. The new JISD mobile app is available for both Apple and Android devices. The app will deliver real-time school news to a smart device for fast, up-to-date access. The app will feature:
- The latest district and school news
- Push notifications about breaking news, closures, weather, events, and more
- Photos from school events
- Maps with school locations, phone numbers, and staff information
- The app is FREE and available for download today!
The JISD app is available for iOS and Android devices (smartphones and tablets).
To download the app:
2. Search Joshua ISD
3. Then select the “Joshua ISD” app for free download The new JISD mobile app is just a few taps away. Download it today!
Once the app has loaded on your device, open it. You may be prompted to select which school(s) you'd like to follow. This means you will receive news and notifications from those schools. Preferences can be changed later. You will then be taken to the home screen. You can swipe left to see additional icons and features. It is a good idea to complete a few initial steps to customize your app experience.
- Settings: You can select your language preference in Settings. The default is English, but there are more than 60 other languages you can choose from. **Please be aware that these automated translations might contain inaccuracies. The Settings icon is also where you go to follow additional schools.
- Push notifications: Click into this area to view and customize your notifications. By default, everyone who downloads the app will receive district notifications and will get a “push” alert when there is a new message. You can choose to receive notifications from individual schools as well; just click the Settings icon.
News: By default, you will receive the district’s news, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter feed. You can customize the feeds you receive by clicking the Settings icon in the upper right.
Calendar: By default, you receive information from the district events calendar. You can customize the feeds you receive by clicking the Settings icon in the upper right. When you click into an individual calendar event, you will have the option to add that event to your device's calendar.
- Directory: Here, you will find addresses, maps, websites, and contact names for each school and for the district office.
- Activity Stream: This feed consolidates all news and calendar updates in one place.
- Let's Talk: This icon takes you to JISD's official customer service platform to answer questions and address concerns.
- Meal Menus: see what is on the menu at our schools.
- Pay for Meals: Login to MySchoolBucks to add money to your child's meal account.
- Resources: Find links to important reference information such as student handbooks.
- JISD Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube accounts all in one place.
If you enjoy using the app, we encourage you to hit the Settings icon, rate and share the app with other members of the Joshua ISD familiy.