Joshua ISD desires to promote positive relationships between schools and the community to enhance community support and involvement in school districts. As part of our on-going commitment to be more environmentally friendly, and to ensure parents have quick and easy access to important information, we use Peachjar to email flyers home to families, digitally. To request flyer approval, visit www.peachjar.com to register as a program provider and submit your flyer. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed. Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district office for approval. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to parents and posted on each school’s web flyerboard for your selected duration of time. Peachjar charges a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school.
Flyer Distribution Guidelines for External Organizations
Flyers submitted to Joshua ISD must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Should support the basic educational mission of the district, directly benefit the students, or be of intrinsic value to the students or their parents/guardians
- Should not imply Joshua ISD's endorsement of any identified product and/or of services
- Should not contain sales-driven advertising language that simply promotes an individual, agency, and/or organization
- Should not be lewd, obscene, vulgar, libelous or slanderous
- Should not incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, endanger the health or safety of students, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools
- Should not promote any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure
- Should not discriminate against, attack or denigrate any group on account of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability or other unlawful consideration
- Should not promote the use or sale or materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, and movies or products unsuitable for children
- Should not violate the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or other rights of another person
Note: Student-led organizations may not distribute flyers through Peachjar. Written or printed materials, handbills, photographs, pictures, films, tapes, or other visual or auditory materials not sponsored by the District or by a District-affiliated school-support organization shall not be sold, circulated, distributed, or posted on any District premises by any District student, except in accordance with policy FNAA (Local).
The District shall not discriminate based on the viewpoint expressed in private, student-to student, non-disruptive speech.
The District shall not be responsible for, nor shall the District endorse, the contents of any nonschool literature distributed by students.
“Distribution” means the circulation of more than ten copies of material from a source other than the District.