Failing Grades: (Summative Examinations only)
- Students will be given a reasonable opportunity to redo examinations in which a grade is below 70.
- Students or parents must request the opportunity to redo an examination within two workdays of receipt of the failing grade, except under extenuating circumstance determined by the principal.
- It is the student’s responsibility to make arrangements for the retest.
- No retests are available for semester exams or for students who received a “0” for cheating.
- The student will receive the higher of the two grades not to exceed a 70.
- A student may not be retested more than one time for any given original summative examination.
Teachers may assign a late penalty to any assignment turned in after the due date in accordance with previously established guidelines approved by the principal and disseminated to students. (Policy EIAB local)
- Late work will be accepted; however, assignments may be subject to points being deducted.
- All assignments must be completed within the six weeks grading period.
- A penalty for late work may be assessed according to the following guidelines.
Kindergarten – Eighth Grade:
- A penalty of 10 points per day.