Joshua ISD uses social media as a way to communicate about student and staff achievements as well as other important district information. By engaging in social media, we are able to facilitate open, two-way communication with the JISD community and extend our conversation(s) with you. Our social media channels are managed by the Communications Department. We hope you engage with us, share our content and more. We know everyone has a voice and we want to hear from you.
Please read through our Social Media Community Standards below to help ensure that everyone feels comfortable and safe in this space.
• We encourage your participation on our Facebook page. We ask that you exercise civility and goodwill in your communication. Any comments that are intentionally rude or deride the opinions of others will be removed.
• Comments will be limited to the topic of a specific posting made by the site administrator. Topics not introduced by the site administrator are not open for discussion on this page and are subject to deletion.
• Comments are not allowed if they include profanity, threatening words, bullying, vulgar or inappropriate language or content.
• Comments are not allowed if they include "hate speech" or offensive language that targets ethnic, religious or racial groups.
• Comments are not allowed if they include spam, advertisements or links to other sites. This includes advertisements for special offers or discounts for teachers, students or administrators.
• Comments are not allowed if they include private information about a student, parent, employee or community member.
• JISD prohibits the discussion of complaints against specific District employees during an open forum. Since Facebook is considered an online open forum, those who violate that policy are subject to getting their comments removed.
• Photographs may not be posted except by a site administrator unless otherwise noted.
• Media personnel seeking requests or responses to questions are asked to refrain from submitting questions as comments and send questions to the JISD Communications Department through the normal channels.
• JISD reserves the right to block users from posting on this page if they repeatedly violate our guidelines.