As stated in Joshua ISD’s Board Policy CY(Local), unless the proposed use of a copyrighted work is an exception under the “fair use” guidelines maintained by the Superintendent or designee, the District shall require an employee or student to obtain a license or permission from the copyright holder before copying, modifying, displaying, performing, distributing, or otherwise employing the copyright holder’s work for instructional, curricular, or extracurricular purposes. This policy does not apply to any work sufficiently documented to be in the public domain.
If you believe that any faculty, staff, or student of Joshua ISD has infringed upon the rights of a copyright owner, please notify the designated agent below via written notification.
Process for Filing Notice of Alleged Copyright Infringement
In accordance with the specifications of the Digital Millennium Copyright ACT, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512©, to be effective, written notification must be submitted to the Copyright Agent and include all of the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that is allegedly infringed.
Joshua ISD Designated Agent Contact Information:
Coordnator of Communications and Public Relations
Joshua Independent School District
310 E. 18th Street
Joshua, TX 76058