Custodial Procedures for Sanitizing Campuses
- Joshua ISD uses EPA registered disinfectants that are highly effective against pathogenic organisms including: bacteria, flu, antibiotic-resistant bacteria, viruses such as Enterovirus D68, fungi, mold and mildew.
- Student desktops and classroom tables are sanitized daily. All teachers will be given sanitizing wipes to use for sanitizing on other days as they feel it is needed. Refills of spray cleaner and paper towels will need to be requested through the maintenance work order system.
- All Elementary Cafeteria tables are sanitized between each group of students on a daily basis.
- Hand sanitizer, which kills 99.99% of the most common germs that may cause illness, is located in each classroom, locker room, office, etc. throughout the District. All Custodians are required to check these dispensers on a daily basis to ensure that they do not run empty.
- Hand soap is available for use throughout the District in all restrooms, kitchens, lounges, and classrooms that have a sink.
- Locker rooms are fogged on a daily basis with an EPA registered hospital use disinfectant effective against a broad spectrum of bacteria.
- Restrooms are disinfected throughout the day at all schools.
- All restroom floors, nurse's office floors, and cafeteria floors are mopped daily. Classroom floors are mopped weekly. Gym floors are mopped twice a week.
- All water fountains, doorknobs, door panels, telephone mouth pieces, pencil sharpener handles, and etc. are cleaned several times throughout each day.
- When significant student or staff illness is reported in an area, the custodians will thoroughly sanitize and disinfect the area on the evening of the report.
- Joshua ISD utilizes disinfectant “guns” that disperse electrostatically charged disinfectant particles throughout an entire room. These particles cling to all flat surfaces, including the tops, sides, and bottoms of chairs, desks, and tables. Every classroom in the district will be sanitized using the disinfectant guns once every week, with additional uses as needed.
- In the case of multiple students or staff members displaying an illness (such as the flu or strep), the campus administrator will contact the
Cheif of Administrative Services or Custodial Supervisor to notify them of the illnesses.
- Any serious or large-scale incidents of sickness should be reported immediately to the Cheif of Administrative Services