The Texas Transparency Stars program recognizes government entities that provide clear and meaningful financial information through the posting of financial documents as well as summaries, visualizations, downloadable data, and other relevant information in the specified areas of Traditional Finances, Contracts and Procurement, Economic Development, Public Pensions, and Debt Obligations.
For additional information, please visit the Texas Comptroller's website.
The mission of the Business Office is to ensure that the district’s financial resources are effectively and efficiently managed to provide the necessary resources to achieve the instructional goals and objectives of the district. Joshua ISD is committed to providing taxpayers and community members with transparent and easy-to-understand sources of financial information. The information below is intended to provide useful information as it relates to Joshua ISD's financial operations.
Joshua ISD was awarded the Traditional Finances Star on September 26, 2019 and the Debt Obligations Star on November 17, 2021.
Use the links to the left or below to access the pages:District Contact Information
Joshua Independent School District310 E 18th StreetJoshua, TX 76058Phone: 817-202-2500Fax: 817-641-2738Click here to send us a question.Elected Official Contact Information: click here.Open Records Requests: click here.District Financial Contact: Rebecca Metzger, Chief Financial Officer, 817-202-2500 ext 1013, email.District Financial Quick Facts
Budget & Debt (Fiscal Year 2022-23)
- 2020-21: 5,490
- 2021-22: 5,885
- 2022-23: 5,891
Wages & Staff (School Year 2022-23)
- General Operating Budget: $65,339,640
- General Operating Budget per Student: $11,091
- Total Outstanding Principal Debt: $89,745,000
- Total Outstanding Debt per Student: $15,234
Tax Rate (2022 Tax Year)
- Total Full-Time Employees: 1,004
- Total Teachers: 430
- Starting Teacher Pay: $60,000
- Average Teacher Pay: $65,287
- Substitute Pay: $90-$110/day
- Average Teacher Experience: 18.31 years
Property Values (2022 Tax Year)
- Maintenance & Operations: $0.9429
- Interest & Sinking: $0.3297
- Total Tax Rate: $1.2726
Other Helpful Links and Information
- Area: 76 square miles
- Taxable Value: $2,092,804,345
- Average Home Value: $237,619