The Child Nutrition Department of Joshua ISD is a nonprofit enterprise that employs over 60 food service professionals. We take pride in serving our customers a variety of delicious and nourishing meals through our breakfast and lunch program at all campuses, serving over 650,000 meals yearly.
The child nutrition program is operated under the federally funded National School Lunch Act and Child Nutrition Act. The federal laws regulating the child nutrition programs are administered by the United States Department of Agriculture and implemented within the Texas Department of Agriculture.
The program’s objective is to improve the health of students by providing a variety of high quality, safe, nutritious foods that students will enjoy eating at a price affordable to them. The menus are planned and analyzed in accordance with federal and state guidelines for proper school age nutrition.
JOSHUA INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
Vision Statement: Joshua ISD will be a highly acclaimed model of educational excellence.
Mission Statement: Joshua ISD develops productive citizens of exceptional character who are life-long learners. District Motto: "Excellence...For All...From All"
1. Joshua ISD provides a safe and orderly environment.
2. Joshua ISD students set goals and achieve high levels of success.
3. Joshua ISD effectively and efficiently manages resources to promote student success.
4. Joshua ISD is a source of pride and unity for students, staff, parents and community.
The Child Nutrition Department Fully Supports the Vision and Mission of the Joshua Independent School District.
Child Nutrition Vision Statement:
The Joshua ISD Department of Child Nutrition will assist each student in developing his/her potential with proper nutrition and nutritional education and guidance.
Child Nutrition Mission Statement:
We will provide Nutritious and Satisfying meals that reflect current research and meet the recommended dietary allowances for school-age children in a clean, friendly and safe environment.
Child Nutrition Core Values
1. We will follow the State/Federal/Local Regulations and our district Wellness Policy for safe food handling and service at all times.
2. We will Comply with all State and Federal regulations set for optimal nutrition for our School Age Customers
3. We will Communicate Effectively with all stakeholders to form partnerships in the continuing effort to provide the best service and to teach our students to make healthy choices
4. We will Manage all Child Nutrition resources in a fiscally sound manner, respecting the Community we serve.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 or (202) 720-6382 (TTY). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.